Drug and Alcohol Treatment at Icarus Using Western Sky
Using Western Sky Insurance for the costs of your treatment center can save you a significant amount of money as opposed to paying cash out-of-pocket. Western Sky is one of the many providers we work with at Icarus Behavioral Health. Despite the long-term relationship, many clients have questions regarding the coverage provided and any potential copayments.
Rest assured, we offer Western Sky insurance detox and rehab options from our Albuquerque-based alcohol and drug rehab centers in New Mexico.
We often have clients wonder about the specific types of therapy that might be covered by Western Sky, including behavioral drug and alcohol treatment, dual diagnosis, and trauma-informed therapy.
Keep reading to learn more about the coverage details for this private health insurance organization, and whether their services can help make treatment at Icarus Behavioral Health a reality!
Western Sky Insurance: A Short Background
Western Sky Insurance, also known as Western Sky Community Care, is an insurance agency that provides Medicaid health insurance to cover mental health services, drug and alcohol detox, substance abuse treatment, and other health-related items throughout New Mexico.
The organization is part of the Centene Corporation, a larger network of managed healthcare plans that fall under one umbrella. It’s a specialized Cares Marketplace insurance focused on providing coverage to its members on a local support level.
Cenete Corporation is a nationwide organization that has hundreds of affiliates in every region of America. On average, about 15% of insurance recipients use one of their products, which includes Medicaid and Medicare recipients, along with many other household insurance names.
Because they fall under the same umbrella as New Mexico Medicaid insurance, their plans and policy options are nearly identical.
Insurance Plans for Substance Abuse from Western Sky
The specific health insurance product, known as Ambetter from Western Sky Community Care, gives clients a choice of 3 levels of coverage. These include:
- Bronze level, Ambetter Essential Care: All your essential care needs are met with the lowest premium. However, you may have access to a lower number of specialty services.
- Silver level, Ambetter Balanced Care: Silver provides added services not included with Bronze but has a higher monthly cost.
- Gold level, Ambetter Secure Care: Gold is the highest level of coverage. This covers almost anything an Ambetter recipient would ever need coverage for. They also have the highest monthly premium costs out of the three tiers.
Where Does Ambetter Provide Coverage for Substance Abuse Treatment?
Ambetter from Western Sky Community Care is a form of coverage reserved for a substance abuse treatment center or similar, helping those with drug abuse challenges get the behavioral health services they need.
In conjunction with the New Mexico Human Services Department, their offerings reach out to make treatment more accessible for those without other insurance options.
Accessible Treatment Center Services for New Mexico Residents
Ambetter from Western Sky Community Care is solely reserved for New Mexico treatment center stays. If you live in any of the following NM Counties, you’re eligible for an Ambetter plan:
- Dona Ana
- Los Alamos
- Rio Arriba
- San Juan
- San Miguel
- Santa Fe
If you’re unsure of whether you’ll receive coverage for a stay at our treatment center, contact our admissions team at Icarus Behavioral Health today!
What Substance Abuse Counseling and Treatment Services Am I Eligible For?
Ambetter from Western Sky helps clients find treatment centers that provide the services they need to combat addiction to their specific drug of choice. Some of the most commonly used substances they provide treatment services for include:
- among others
What Specific Forms of Therapy Does Western Sky Cover?
After you understand what types of substances Western Sky can provide help with, it’s important that you have a firm understanding of the specific types of therapy and levels of care you’re eligible for. All it takes is one insurance plan from Ambetter to start your journey to recovery in New Mexico.
After approval, you’ll find you have access to:
- Inpatient Addiction Treatment. Stays of 30, 60, and 90 days provide the highest level of inpatient rehab care with a wide variety of therapeutic offerings. This includes dual diagnosis, behavioral therapy, tra-induced, and family group therapy. Clients participate in sessions and other activities for 8 hours daily with meals in between. Holistic treatment and other physical forms of therapy are available as well.
- Outpatient Addiction Treatment. Outpatient treatment offers clients the same types of therapy as inpatient, albeit not nearly as intensive. Clients participate for roughly 6 hours per week over the course of two to three days. They return home at night but are still expected to maintain a sober lifestyle and could be subject to drug testing per the rules of the treatment center.
- Partial Hospitalization Program (PHP). PHP is the perfect blend of outpatient and inpatient services. It’s essentially outpatient therapy with the intensity of inpatient. Clients are normally at the treatment center from 8 AM until 4 PM for five days per week.
- Intensive Outpatient: This outpatient treatment ramped up by about 50%. Clients attend for roughly three days for two hours per day.
How Long Does Ambetter from Western Sky Community Care Cover Inpatient Alcohol and Drug Rehab Programs?
When participating in an Ambetter from Western Sky Community Care Insurance rehab program, you probably have questions about the extent of your stay. You may wonder if your Ambetter from Western Sky Community Care drug coverage plan will pay for the entirety of your stay. In addition, people like to have an idea of how long they will be in rehab so that they know how to plan their future.
The time frame will vary from person to person. It depends on your unique situation. Inpatient programs can range from short-term stays to long-term ones. There are some programs that are as little as 1 week. Others are 30 days, 60 days, 90 days, or up to 1 year (or even longer if need be).
However, it’s important to get an adequate amount of services using Ambetter from Western Sky Community Care. In terms of addiction treatment, most experts recommend that you stay for at least 90 days, whether in residential care, outpatient treatment, or a combination of both.
You may also want to consider continuing an aftercare program once you have completed programs at Icarus, as we offer relapse prevention and aftercare planning to all of our clients.
Getting In-Network Care with Ambetter from Western Sky Community
When you begin searching for Ambetter from Western Sky Community Care rehab facilities, be sure to check for in-network compatibility. An in-network Ambetter from Western Sky Community Care, our treatment programs work with your insurance company and offer rehab coverage to give you the best rates for services.
There are several facilities that are in-network with Western Sky, including Solutions Treatment Center and the Santa Fe Recovery Center, but Icarus Behavioral Health in New Mexico offers a full complement of both mental health and addiction treatment services that other providers often lack.
When you call our rehab center, ask an Icarus admissions team member about our various programs, many of which are compatible with Ambetter from Western Sky Community Care insurance.
Get Help Using Ambetter from Western Sky Community Care
Alcohol and drug treatment at Icarus Behavioral Health is typically covered by Ambetter Western Sky Community Care – please reach out to get specific details and coverage information now.
Contact a member of our team today, and we’ll break down the details of what to expect, and give you options among our programs at Icarus!